|Become a Member
> Click Here to Join/Renew Grower Membership
Grower membership consists of any person or business that owns or operates a wine grape vineyard. Grower membership also includes wineries that own acreage. If you own more than 707 bearing acres, please call us at 509-782-8234.
> Click Here to Join/Renew Winery Membership
Winery membership consists of any person or business engaged in producing and marketing wine, but who does not qualify as a Grower member. If you own any grape acreage, we consider you a Grower member.
> Click Here to Join/Renew Allied Membership
Allied Membership is for persons, firms, partnerships, corporations, sole proprietorships, business organizations or other entities offering goods and services to the wine grape growing and/or wine production industries. >Click here for Allied member benefits
Dear Washington Wine Industry Supporter,
I am writing to encourage and invite you to become a member of the Washington Association of Wine Grape Growers for 2013. The WAWGG Board has designed a top notch Association that helps you as growers and wineries understand your bottom line.
When I first became part of the board I read the Vision established by the first members in the 1990's: By 2020 the Washington State wine industry triples its economic impact through improved profitability and sustainability for growers and wineries in the production of world class wines. At the time this seemed daunting. Fast forward to April of this year, when the Washington State Wine Commission announced the results of an economic impact study showing the industry at $8.6 billion annually, up from $3 billion in 2006 (187% increase) and Nationally at $14.9 billion, up from $4.7 billion in 2006 (217% increase). This is merely the opener!
These facts solidify the justification of our investment for clean plants and research and the dollars we use for education: training programs such as the Latino Ag program, events that provide technology transfer and summer field tours all keep us informed. Of course we look to the future with our investment in the new Wine Science Center and the Walter Clore Center.
The Washington Association of Wine Grape Growers annual convention is an opportunity to fine-tune our knowledge to grow grapes that reflect SUPERIOR QUALITY BY DESIGN. For all size wineries, better information helps us understand our business environment and our own bottom line. WITH our members, we continue to invent and institute new programs such as the Grower Caucus and the Next Generation leadership programs.
I hope you will join me as a WAWGG member. I would love to have you on the team.
The work of the Washington Association of Wine Grape Growers on behalf of the Washington Wine Industry includes:
· Weekly industry “News Bites” and “Federal News Bites”
· Our monthly e-newsletter, the “Grape Post”
· Establishment and maintenance of “Vinewise®”, the online guide to sustainability
· Facilitating the creation of “Winewise”, a sustainability tool for wineries
· Facilitating an industry-wide Research Task Force
· Creating and staffing the NW Foundation Block Advisory Group
· Establishing the annual suggested grape price list
· Creating the NW Viticulture Council to address regional issues at the federal level
· Organizing one of the largest annual conventions and trade shows in the country for
grape growers, wineries, suppliers, and service providers with top-rated educational
workshops and seminars
· Providing the Service and Supplier Source Directory for growers and wineries
· Creating and continuing the successful Latino Ag Education for Viticulture Program
· Advocating for the industry on issues including truth in labeling, extending time limits
on the processor lien statute, and agricultural estate tax reform
· Offering innovative health insurance programs for employees
· Maintaining a comprehensive website featuring weather, industry news, statistics, and
the Grape Dating and Bulk Wine Dating Services.